Dana's look changed quite a lot from season one to season nine. When she met Fox Mulder and started working on The X Files she was a baby faced FBI agent with shoulder length hair and barely any makeup. By season nine she seemed to have found her signature look of the 90's with a bob and a range of lipsticks from spice to vampy red. I've gathered some products together so you can nail the Dana Scully look for Halloween, or any time of the year.
As always, start with clean and moisturized skin.
1. Dana's foundation is pretty flawless. This was medium coverage at the very least, and topped off with powder. Laverne Basham did Gillian Anderson's makeup, and she used Shu Uemura cake foundation and Dermablend Cover Creme. The pressed powder was from Stila. All of these are now discontinued, but you get the idea. Go for your favorites that offer good coverage.
Revlon Colorstay Foundation, MAC Studio Fix Concealer, and MAC Studio Fix Powder are what I used. The secret to prevent "cake face" is to use a lot less than you think you need.
2. Bobbi Brown Blush in Tawny was used on Gillian, and it's still available, but Laura Mercier Spiced Cider works too. Any tawny rose blush. They didn't use highlighter or bronzer at all.
3. Her brows are natural and filled in with a discontinued pencil, but powder looks better. The eyeshadow is very easy. Use a skin tone matte all over the lid, and MAC Cork in the crease. Fill in the top lash line with a dark brown eyeliner, and a coat of mascara finishes the eye look. The MUA used Lancome Defencils Mascara in Black.
I've chosen several lip options in different price ranges, and all of these match a lipstick Gillian wore during the nine seasons.
- Maybelline Maple Kiss
- MAC Persistence
- Maybelline Clay Crush
- MAC Twig
- Clinique Think Bronze
- Rimmel Kate Moss Nudes in #47
- Revlon Spicy Cinnamon
- Lancome Color Design in Sugared Maple
- MAC Viva Glam I and III
- NARS Volga
- L'Oreal Exclusive Reds in Zoe's Red
- MAC Velvet Teddy
- MAC Spice It Up
- Revlon Toast of New York
- Wet n Wild Silk Finish in Cashmere