Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

My 'no makeup, makeup' look

                                                                   
                                                                   


                  Romee Stirjd at DSquared2's fall 2015 show was my inspiration for this look.


The ultimate goal of this look is that other people think you're naturally a little flawless and were born that way without filters.  I speak from experience that it can take some trials and errors to get it right for my skin type. I have dry skin that is normal in the warmer months, and many products on the market can work against it. It needs hydration and balance in order for makeup to set well and stay throughout the day. I start with my skin care.

   Skin care:

1. Cleanse with Burt's Bees Orange Essence or Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser.

2. On certain days I will need a light peel with Pixi Glow Pads. Leave it on for 3 minutes and then rinse. This makes my skin smooth and ready for the serum.

3. I then use Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Absolute Serum. This milky serum is for dry and sensitive skin. It absorbs quickly and the scent is natural rose.

4. I  spray on some Jurlique Balancing Rose Mist and immediately add Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb or Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè.

5. SPF has always been tricky for me. I don't like heavy feeling creams during the day and they can often interfere with the performance of cosmetics. My current  choice is Shiseido Urban Environment Oil Free UV Protector with SPF 42. It's also water resistant if humidity is an issue.


The best tip for makeup is to blend out everything that has color to it. It should almost appear to be part of your skin instead of sitting on top of it. Using the least amount possible, keeping to neutral tones, and avoiding any makeup lines has worked for me. When I think I've blended it all out, I blend some more.


Makeup:


1.  The foundation I've used the most out of my collection is Bourjois Healthy Mix. Just a small amount on my t zone, and I blend it with my hands. The warmth of your clean hands will always be the best makeup tool.

2. I then use a highlighting concealer in strategic places. Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch in Radiant is a good affordable option. I know some people have complicated concealing routines, but I apply it at the outer corner of my eyes, the very corner of my under eyes, my cupid's bow, and on any other place that seems like it needs brightening. I blend that out with my fingers as a I go. If I have a blemish I use Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, and it can pretty much cover anything.

3. My powder of choice is Rimmel Stay Matte, but I only use it on my nose and around the hairline of my forehead. I use a Laura Mercier Velour Powder Puff because I like how vintage it feels. The Cinema Secrets puffs are good too.

4. On my brows I like something natural like Glossier Boy Brow in Blonde. The tiny brush is the best.

There are so many options for the eyes. I often choose bare lids.

When I want a matte look I will use Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow in Bone, a classic shade since the 90's. I heard about Carolyn Bessette Kennedy using it and that always stuck with me. It's sheer enough so your lids don't look powdery and it blends into most light to medium skin tones.

If I want something with a little shine it's a touch of RMS Living Luminizer, or their Eye Shine in Lunar. You have to like coconut oil to appreciate RMS. It's in most of their products.

I usually choose one coat of Maybelline Full n Soft Mascara in Dark Brown, and this shade might be discontinued. They still have the black shade.


5. My cheeks are simple with Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Uber Beige.  I learned about this from Hannah Martin at Bobbi Brown, and it's easy to blend with your fingers.


6. If I'm using lip liner I choose one from Prestige Cosmetics, and it's getting harder to find. Sand and Cameo are my favorites. I blend this out so there are no harsh lines and then top it with the same pot rouge I used on my cheeks. Just a dab. If it seems like too much color I will blot it down.




And that's it. What's your technique for a natural beauty look?
Have you tried any of these products? I'd love to hear about your makeup bag favorites!




― Kristi from Modern Grace











No comments: